Week that was South: Jallikattu's Oscar selection, Samantha Akkineni's bubbly bikini avatar, Prabhudheva's second marriage

With the week almost over, it's time to kick back, chill out and rewind the seven days that went by. And if you're in love with the movies, with a particularly soft spot for South-Indian cinema, then boy have you arrived at the right place. We've got all the major newsmakers from down South over the past week right here. From Jallikattu being India's official entry at the Oscars and Samantha Akkineni's bubbly bikini avatar to Yash joining the final schedule of KGF 2, Rana Daggubati looking back at his critical health condition and Prabhudheva's second marriage here are all who made major news down South...
Jallikattu being India's official entry at the Oscars

Malayalam film Jallikattu has been selected as India's official entry in the International Feature Film category at the Oscars, marking it as major victory for ace Director Lijo Jose Pellissery, who has been silently championing the cause of parallel cinema in Mollywood since a long time.
Samantha Akkineni's bubbly bikini avatar

Samantha Ruth Prabhu Akkineni is currently vacationing in the Maldives with husban d Naga Chaitanya , but what grabbed everyone's attention the most is her sexy bikini-babe avatar while enjoying a bubble bath at the island destination.
Yash joins the final schedule of KGF 2

The makers of KGF chapter 2 are keen to wrap the film up by mid-December this year, and Yash, the star of the franchise has already landed in Hyderabad to complete the final leg of the shoot.
Rana Daggubati looks back at his critical health condition

Rana Daggubati had opened up on Samantha Akkineni's chat show about his earlier health condition and how it was deteriorating so rapidly, with BP, calcification around the heart, failing kidneys, that at one point he faced a 70% chance of a stroke or hemorrhage and 30% chance of death.
Prabhudheva's second marriage

Prabhudheva tied the knot for a second time to Dr. Himani, a resident of Mumbai. While the marriage took place in May, the duo fled in March to Chennai, where they had a live-in relationship for two months.

So, which among these was your favourite South newsmaker this past week? Tweet and let us know @bollywood_life.

Top News